Youth Club Network
Disco Dodgeball 2019
Disco Dodgeball 2019
WHO: All youth aged 13-17
WHEN: Saturday 30th November 2019, 4:00-8:00pm
WHERE: Harrow Leisure Centre, Christchurch Avenue, Harrow, HA3 5BD.
WHAT: Disco Dodgeball is an exciting sporting event where teams can use their skills to Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dance their way to the top and go head to head against other teams to be crowned Dodgeball Champions of 2019!
TEAMS: The maximum team capacity is eight participants, each set must start with six players on the court, of which a minimum of two must be female. Sign up as a group, or on your own and we’ll team you up with other Dodgeballers using our Player Finder Service.
CONTRIBUTION: £10 for players, £5 for spectators. Dinner will be provided for all.
Address: Harrow Leisure Centre, Christchurch Avenue, Harrow, HA3 5BD.
Top 10 Rules
Aim of the Game: It’s an elimination game.
Get all the players on the opposing team out or have more players on court when the game ends. Throw Dodgeballs at the members of the opposing team, if you hit a player with a throw they are ‘Out’. If they catch your throat you are out and the catcher brings back in an ‘Out’ player, in ‘first out, first in’ order.
- Teams are 6-a-side and squads may include up to 2 substitutes. The team playing any one game must include a minimum of two females or two males at any given time.
- 6 balls are in the play at the start of each game.
- Each match is a best of three games where the maximum duration of a game is two minutes.
- Players from each team run to compete for possession of the ball located in the centre of the court (the ‘Dead Zone’) at the start of each Game. Dead Zone rules:
- players must retrieve the ball from inside the Dead Zone at the beginning of the game, then step out of the dead zone to make the first throw;
- Players cannot be struck out until they have left the Dead Zone after collecting ball(s) from the centre line. Players must step out of the Dead Zone within three seconds of entering at the start of each Game.
- After the opening rush, players are permitted to re-enter the Dead Zone to retrieve balls and to make throws (i.e. the Dead Zone disappears), but players must not enter the opposing team’s half by crossing the centre line.
- The 5 second rule: once a ball has been handled by a player, the ball must leave the team’s half within 5 seconds.
- Players are ‘Out’ when hit by a throw from the opposing team, which strikes them below the shoulders. Strikes above the shoulders and kicking the ball are not permitted. Continuous headshots or kicking of the ball will result in the thrower/kicker to be called ‘Out’. Bounces do not count.
- When a player is called Out, they must retire to the player return area and sit on the bench assigned to their team in the order in which they have been put Out.
- A player is out if they’re the Rhône ball is caught by a member of the opposite team. Players are not allowed to fumble the blue while catching the ball. This is treated as a player being hit and will result in the player being called ‘Out’. If a player catches a ball, the catcher brings back in a player from their own team in ‘first out, first in’ order.
- Please can use a ball in their possession to block a ball thrown by the opposing team (as long as the player retains control of the blocking ball during the block i.e. no fumbling allowed).
- If the teams are tied at the end of the group stages, the team which qualifies will be determined in accordance with the procedure details in the full rules document.