Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions set out the basis on which you may access and use the Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board website [www.akysb.iiuk.org] (the “site”). The terms and conditions apply to all users of, and visitors to, the site (“you”).
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using the site, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them (and any variations properly made to them). If you do not wish to be bound by them, please refrain from using the site.
These terms and conditions are effective as at 1st April 2013.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The site is operated by the Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board under the auspices of the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom. In these terms and conditions, the term “Ismaili Council” means the Ismaili Council for the United Kingdom. The term “AKYSB” means the Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board. The term “we” or “us” or “our” means both the Ismaili Council and AKYSB.
Some of the events promoted on the site may be CFR (UK) events, which are organised and delivered by us. CFR (UK) is registered as a charity in England and Wales (registered charity number 1119999).
ACCESSING THE SITE
The site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that the site, or any content on it, will always be made available or be uninterrupted. Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the site without notice. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all parts of the site.
When using the site, you agree:
- to abide by all laws (including without limitation employment and data protection laws), regulations and codes of conduct that are applicable to you;
- not to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- not to damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the site or do anything which may interrupt or impair its functionality.
USING THE SITE
You may use the site to access information about AKYSB, our events and to register as a participant at one or more of our events.
In order to register for an AKYSB event on the site, you must unless specifically stated otherwise on the relevant event pages be a Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim or a non-Ismaili spouse or child.
Contributions for events
Some events require a contribution (details of contributions will be detailed on each event page). Payment must be made online using a debit or a credit card. The online payment system is operated by Sage Pay and accepts the following cards: Visa debit, Visa Credit, Electron, MasterCard. The payment will show as CFR (UK) on your statement.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT
The copyright and all other rights in all of the material on this site are owned by the Ismaili Council or material is included with the permission of the rights owner. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the site for your personal reference. You must not modify any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status as the authors of material on the site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on the site for commercial purposes.
THE SITE MAY CHANGE
We aim to update the site as necessary, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The information displayed on the site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and any third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties, representations and other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising in connection with the site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to the home page of the site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
The site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
LINKS FROM THE SITE
Where the site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SITE
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. Your consent will not be sought to place these cookies; however, you may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings;
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests;
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to the site and enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name etc; and
- “Analytical” cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
This site uses Google Analytics:
We use Google Analytics to find out how our users are using the Site, and if they have come across any issues (missing images, broken links etc.). Google Analytics stores information about the duration of your visit, how you visited the Site, the webpages that you have visited on the Site, the links that you click during your visit and your exit pages on the Site.
Google Analytics is implemented throughout the Site and is used to ensure that our users’ needs are met and we can further improve the Site using the reports provided by this tool. This information is not used by or shared with any third parties.
We recommend that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the site.
CONTACT US/FURTHER INFORMATION
If you would like to contact us, or for further information about the site or the Services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.