Friday 27 July - Monday 30 July 2018
Condover Hall, Shropshire (NEW SITE)
Participants 8-12 years; Facilitators: 18-35 years
Caring & Sharing aims to unite the Ismaili youth of the UK and Europe, bringing participants from diverse backgrounds together for a weekend to remember!
C&S provides a uniquely fun environment for the participants to build lasting relationships, develop their independence and to discover and grow their leadership skills. Throughout the weekend, participants will also develop an awareness of our faith, a sense of belonging in the community, and an understanding of the role of voluntary service within their daily lives.
Most of all though Caring & Sharing 2018 promises to be a weekend full of fun, laughter and friendship – it’s not one to miss!
- Create a fun-filled positive environment that promotes a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle.
- Unite participants from all backgrounds and provide opportunities to build lifelong friendships.
- Provide a platform to develop self-confidence and independence.
- Nurture our future leaders and ambassadors of the community, by providing opportunities for leadership development.
- Encourage a sense of pride and comfort in belonging to the Ismaili community.
- Instil awareness of faith within the context of participants’ everyday lives.
- Promote the tradition of voluntary service to harness the values and ethics of our faith.
Participants: 8 – 12 years
Facilitators: 18 – 30 years
We’re looking for creative, passionate and energetic facilitators to help make C&S 2018 the best camp yet! Being a facilitator is an opportunity to build your skills in communication, problem-solving and leadership, and we can assure you that you’ll also have a blast.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Communicate with parents to ensure a smooth process from application to pick-up
- Co-ordinate and lead a group of participants throughout the weekend
- Provide support to participants who are experiencing camp for the first time
- Facilitate team-building activities and games to keep participants engaged
- Design, organise and lead evening activities
- Contribute to debrief sessions each evening, and help to develop co-facilitators
Skills we’re looking for:
- Energy, creativity and passion
- Collaborative approach to teamwork
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to unexpected circumstances
- Responsibility and experience working with children
The success of the camp rests on the shoulders of a great team of facilitators – are you ready to step up?
The participation levels from both children and facilitators are extraordinary. C&S is a unique space for youth to comfortably socialise, work in teams and build friendships. It is all about making sure everyone has a happy, fun-filled weekend with memories to last forever.
Caring & Sharing promises to be a unique and memorable experience. Not only is C&S run by young, enthusiastic and inspiring facilitators who volunteer their time to look after the participants, but we work together to put on a schedule of events that will keep the kids coming back! See below for an example of what an average day at camp might look like:
07:15 – Morning prayers
08:00 – Breakfast
08:30 – Morning activities ( e.g. High Ropes, Raft Building, Survivor Skills)
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Afternoon activities ( e.g. Rock Climbing, Sensory Trails, Aerial Trek )
18:00 – Evening prayers
18:30 – Dinner
19:30 – Evening Entertainment
21:30 – Hot chocolate
22:00 – Lights out
“I was excited but a little nervous about the weekend away, but it was better than I ever expected. I went
on every single activity and even tried things that were new to me. My facilitators made me laugh for the
entire weekend and I will never forget the friends that I made.”
We believe Caring & Sharing is a wonderful opportunity for all young Ismailis and would like to have each child experience camp at least once. To reflect this ambition, 50% of places this year will be reserved for first time applicants. All participants are asked to complete the application form and we will be contacting you via e-mail if you have been successful. Unsuccessful applicants will also be contacted and placed on a waiting list.
We hope to see plenty of first timers at Caring & Sharing 2018 but warmly welcome back returners from previous years!
Financial assistance is available and all requests will be considered. Please contact the Project Lead.