The camp is open for 16- 18-year-olds who are looking to:
- Challenge themselves physically, intellectually & spiritually
- Enhance their leadership skills in a supportive and inclusive environment
- Appreciate and articulate the values and ethics of our faith
- Create unforgettable memories and lifelong friendships
Facilitators aged 21-35
We’re looking for facilitators who have a passion for youth development. Being an Al–Ummah facilitator is an opportunity to enhance your skills in communication, problem solving, critical thinking and leadership whilst exploring our religious and cultural identities and building community
Roles and responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a safe, positive, nurturing, and comfortable environment for participants
- Foster strong relationships among participants to feed into the wider Al–Ummah concept
- Commit to attending mandatory training sessions pre-camp
- Work collaboratively with the project team to develop and deliver camp content
Skills we’re looking for:
- Ability to facilitate engaging and meaningful discussions, reflection and learning opportunities
- Critical thinking, strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution
- Ability to be a mentor and serve as a role model with positive values
- Passion and experience working with youth inside or outside the Jamati context
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US ON THIS JOURNEY?
The application process consists of two-stages. The first is an online form with a few questions, telling us a bit about yourself, why you’ve chosen to apply for Al-Ummah and what you think you could bring to camp!
The second stage will be a face-to-face interview where you’ll get the chance to meet the team. Everyone who applies will get an interview.
We welcome all applicants from any educational background, culture, location and ability. Even if you don’t feel you fit all the criteria, we encourage you to apply and not to forget we will support you throughout the process! We look forward to getting to know you.