‘Get Involved’ in the last summer tournament of the year, Jubilee Cup 2013, brought to you by The Ismaili Sports Committee UK (ISC), to be held on Sunday 25 August at Hertfordshire Sports Village, Hatfield.
Jubilee Cup provides an opportunity for the Jamat across the United Kingdom and the UK Jurisdiction to come together and take part in competitive sports as well as range of other fun activities. The Jamat’s non-Ismaili spouses and children are also encouraged to attend and participate.
We are pleased to announce that the following sports/activities will be available at Jubilee Cup:–
- Traditional Volleyball
- Kids’ Activities
We look forward to seeing you at Jubilee Cup on Sunday 25 August
Ismaili Sports Committee
The following categories of sports/activities are included in the 2013 Jubilee Cup:
- Men’s 6-a-side Football
- Men’s Traditional Volleyball
- Men’s Squash
- Men’s Doubles Badminton
- Ladies Squash
- Ladies Doubles Badminton
- Ladies Netball
- Boys Under 16’s 6-a-side
- Mixed Under 12’s 6-a-side Football
- Mixed Under 9’s 6-a-side Football
- Girls Under 16’s Netball
- Under 16’s Dodgeball
- Under 16’s Kwik Cricket
Schedule for Jubilee Cup 2013
|Men’s 6-a-side Football||✓|
|Men’s Traditional Volleyball||✓|
|Men’s Doubles Badminton||✓|
|Ladies Doubles Badminton||✓|
|Boys Under 16’s 6-a-side Football||✓|
|Mixed Under 12’s 6-a-side Football||✓|
|Mixed Under 9’s 6-a-side Football||✓|
|Girls Under 16’s Netball||✓|
|Mixed Under 16’s Dodgeball||✓|
|Mixed Under 16’s Kwik Cricket||✓|
The following are the contribution amounts requested for participating. Please note lunch is not included.
|Adult (Over 16)
|Child (Under 16)
|Child (Under 16)|
Lunch can be bought from the café onsite, which offers a wide selection of hot/cold snacks and beverages i.e.:
- Fruit pots
- Cake & Pastries
- Soft drinks
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Don’t forget to register for the 0-5 physical play zone at Jubilee Cup.
The 0-5 area will open at 1030am and run until 4pm.
If you’re playing a sport and need help planning your day with your child/children, here is
the full list of activities with timings.
1030 – 1600 – Bouncy Castle, Soft Play Area, Ball Pools and Sand & Water Play
1100 – Warm Up Exercises and Parachute
1115 – 1200 – Novelty Races Begin
1115 – Egg & Spoon Race
1130 – Space Hopper & Sack Race
1145 – Age Group Races
1200 – Parent and Child Races
1215 – Mum’s and Dad’s Tug of War
1230 – Warm down and Parachute
1400 – Little Kickers for 18 months plus
Little Kickers (18 months – 5 year olds) – the UK’s most popular football class for pre-schoolers. This class will be delivered by professional children’s coaches and is designed to develop your child’s motor, social and self-confidence skills.
Feel free to bring along your child’s trike, scooter or bike.
A parent or guardian will need to supervise their child at all times.
The contribution will be £3 per child.
Please note that whilst food will be available to purchase on the day, we do recommend that you bring your own child-friendly food and drinks. Heating facilities for food and milk will be available.
Please click here to register.
We look forward to seeing you and your children!
- Football Rules
- Men’s Football – summary of rules
- Men’s Football Knockout Tree
- Men’s Football Knockout Tree ( plate)
- Squash Rules
(The Squash Draw will be made available on the day.)
Spectators are welcome and no contribution is required. Lunch can be bought from the café onsite, which offers a wide selection of hot/cold snacks and beverages i.e.:
- Fruit pots
- Cake & Pastries
- Soft drinks
If you are neither a player nor spectator and are interested in helping out on the day please contact us at akysb.iiuk.org for further information.
We would greatly appreciate any length of time and effort you can contribute to this event, to ensure it’s a success.
If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to contact us at akysb.iiuk.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Hertfordshire Sports Village is located next to the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield.
The full address is:
Hertfordshire Sports Village
de Havilland Campus
Hatfield Business Park
NB. The postcode to the entrance of the car park is AL10 9NE
A map is available here.
The following websites provide up to date travel advice
From the North
- A1(M) from the north – Leave the A1(M) at Junction 4 signposted A1001. At roundabout take 3rd exit to A1001 Hatfield and galleria. Continue on A1001 following signs to Galleria and Hertfordshire Sports Village. Bypass Galleria entrance, at next traffic lights make right onto A1057 St Albans and next right into Hatfield Business Park. The entrance to the venue car park is immediately on your left.
- M1 from the north- Leave the M1 at junction 7 and take the M10 to Junction 1 (Park Street Roundabout). Take the A414 eastbound (signed A414 Hatfield). At the roundabout of the A1M, take the first left and follow signs for the A1001 Hatfield and Hatfield Business Park Ignore sign to university). At next traffic light turn left onto A1057 St Albans and then right into Hatfield Business Park. The entrance to the venue car park is immediately on your left.
From the South
- A1(M) from the south- Leave the A1(M) at Junction 3. Follow the signs for the A1001 Hatfield and Galleria. Take the second left to Hatfield Business Park/Galleria and Hertfordshire Sports Village. (Ignore sign to university). At next traffic light turn left onto A1057 St Albans and take the next right into Hatfield Business Park. The entrance to the venue car park is immediately on your left.
- M1 from the south- Leave the M1 at Junction 6 and take the A405 to Park Street Roundabout (signed A405 St Albans) then take the A414 eastbound as above.
From the M25
- M25 Leave the M25 at Junction 23 (South Mimms) and take the A1(M) northbound. Leave the A1(M) at Junction 3 and follow directions from A1(M) south.
Traveling by bus: Greenline 797 (Arriva) coaches travel to the de Havilland Campus from Central London (Victoria Station, Finchley Road etc.). For bus stops and times, visit www.greenline.co.uk. Approx. journey time is 30-40 minutes.
Traveling by Rail: Hatfield station is served by First Capital Connect trains from London Kings Cross (usual journey time about 22 minutes). There are 2 or 3 trains per hour depending on the time of day. Hatfield station is 5 minutes by taxi from the venue.
From Hatfield Station: A service run by Arriva Bus Company (300/301) operates between Hatfield Station and drops off at the Galleria, situated opposite the venue.
Registrations are now live. Please click here to register.